Nasser Al-Attiyah completed the Dakar 2023 at the wheel of a Toyota Hilux, achieving his fifth victory in this tough competition. Sébastien Loeb and Lucas Moraes follow him on the final podium. Audi finishes in 14th place with Mattias Ekström. The Swede finished second in the final stage, which was defeated by Guerlain Chicherit
Nasser Al-Attiyah won, among cars, Dakar 2023, the 45th edition of the rally, in his Toyota Hilux pick-up. This is the fifth victory for the Qatari rider, after the successes of 2011, 2015, 2019 and 2022, at the end of the 14th and final stage to Dammam (Saudi Arabia). A three-time winner of the stage, the defending champion finished over an hour ahead of Frenchman Sebastien Loeb (Prodrive) and young Brazilian Lucas Moraes (Toyota). In the lead from the third stage of the meeting that started last December 31 with the introduction from the shores of the Red Sea near Yanbu, the 52-year-old driver found himself 20 minutes ahead of Stephane Peterhansel and 33 minutes ahead of Carlo Sainz. but the abandonment of the two main rivals who were traveling in the powerful combination of the Four Rings, on the 6th and 10th of January respectively, opened the way to success: the race that remained was al-Attiyah’s alone. profit control and management. Mattias Ekstrom finished the race in his Audi RS Q e-tron E2 in 14th place after taking two second and two third places on stage in the second part of the raid.
The victory in the 14th stage went to the Frenchman Guerlain Chicherit (Prodrive), far in the general classification where Loeb finished second for the third time after the 2017 editions on Peugeot and 2022 already on Prodrive. The Frenchman, who once paid tribute to the winner “did an excellent race and made no mistakes”, nevertheless made Dakar history in this edition, grabbing six consecutive stage victories, a legendary race record and for a rider nine times. world rally champion. Two more tips. The first concerns the tenth place in which Carlos Checa, winner of the Superbike world championship in 2011, finished the final stage, driving a four-wheel and rear-wheel model from Astara. The second note is the 65th place in the general classification of Laia Sanz led by the Italian Maurizio Gerini always with the Astara boat.
Dakar 2023, stage 14 of car classification
This is the arrival procedure for the fourteenth and final stage of the Dakar 2023 for cars.
- Guerlain Chicherit (Fra) Gck Motorsport at 01h09’24”
- Mattias Ekstrom (Sve) Audi Sport Team at 01’36”
- Sebastian Halpern (Arg) Team X-Raid Mini Jcw at 01’53”
- Jakub Przygonski (Pol) Team X-Raid Mini Jcw at 03’08”
- Henk Lategan (R) Toyota Gazoo Racing at 03’44” (penalty 00:02’00”)
- Sebastien Loeb (Fra) Bahrain Raid Xtreme at 04’48” (penalty 00:02’00”)
- Yazeed Al Rajhi Racing (Sau) at 05’08”
- Nasser Al-Attiyah (Qat) Toyota Gazoo Racing at 05’41”
- Giniel De Villiers (Saf) Toyota Gazoo Racing at 06’09” (penalty 00:02’00”)
- Carlos Checa (Spa) Team Astara at 06’18”
Dakar 2023 Auto, final classification
This is the final classification of Dakar 2023 in the category T1 (modified).
- Nasser Al-Attiyah (Qat) Toyota Gazoo Racing in 45h03’15”
- Sebastien Loeb (Fra) Bahrain Raid Xtreme at 01h20’49”
- Lucas Moraes (Bra) High Race Time 01h38’31”
- Giniel De Villiers (Zaf) Toyota Gazoo Racing at 02h31’12”
- Henk Lategan (Zaf) Toyota Gazoo Racing at 02h36’23”
- Martin Prokop (Cze) Team Orlen Benzina at 03h40’44”
- Juan Cruz Yacopini (Arg) Top Race Time 04h27’09”
- Wei Han (Chn) Hanwei Motorsport Team at 04h29’21”
- Sebastian Halpern (Arg) Team X-Raid Mini Jcw at 04h42’38”
- Guerlain Chicherit (Fra) Gck Motorsport at 05h22’10”
14. Mattias Ekstrom (Swe) Audi Sport Team at 06h51’00”
65. Laia Sanz (Spa) Team Astara at 19:18’39”
Ret. Carlos Sainz (Esp)Audi Sport Team Stage 10
Ret. Stephane Peterhansel (Fra) Team Audi Sport Stage 7
© BENEFITS PRESERVED