F1.  McLaren fears Monaco

F1. McLaren fears Monaco


McLaren is gradually recovering from a surprisingly difficult start to the season. The team from Working brought a huge package of modifications to Barcelona. Lando Norris, despite being weakened by tonsillitis, managed to finish eighth. Daniel Ricciardo ended up outside the points.

In recent years, the strongest areas of McLaren cars have been the high-speed sectors. However, this year’s package seems to be more balanced.

Toto Wolff of Mercedes said recently that due to the poor form of the W13 in the last free sector in Barcelona, ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ McLaren’s Andreas Seidl believes, however, that the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya section does not provide accurate guidance on street performance in the Regime.

Read also:

“Monaco is such a unique circuit that it is very difficult to predict how you will do there,” Seidl said, in an interview with Motorsport.com. For example, last year we had a car that had problems in free places and we could fight for the top 4 in qualifying and we closed the podium in the race.

– It is a special track that with new cars, it is more difficult to predict what it will be like.

While McLaren CEO Zak Brown recently admitted that Daniel Ricciardo’s stay with the team has so far been far from expected, Seidl believes the Australian will relate to his successful performance in Monaco.

Read also:

– Of course, a lot also depends on the drivers on this track. Daniel was doing well there and Lando was strong too. I think we can go there with cautious hope. In the meantime, however, we’ll start from scratch on Friday morning and see what happens.

The first practice before the Monaco Grand Prix starts tomorrow at 2pm.

Read also:

Recommended video: