Brands Hatch opens the Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Sprint Championship with 29 entries in two one-hour races. The British meeting is over two days (Saturday and Sunday).
Round two will of course be followed live on video with commentary in French and Belgium (by Thomas Bastin). Not only that because free practice, pre-qualification and qualifying will also be followed live on video.
‼️Don’t forget to subscribe to the saltimbanque_competition account on Instagram to discover more behind the scenes, including the comment booth.
- The entry list is HERE
Little things to know:
- Only five teams compete in the Sprint: Emil Frey Racing, GSM AB1 GT3 Team, Nova Race, VSR, JP Motorsport
- Audi is the most represented brand with 10 R8 LMS GT3s, the same number as in 2022. This segment includes 4 Lamborghinis, 4 BMWs, 3 Ferraris, 3 Mercedes, 2 Hondas, 2 McLarens, 1 Porsche.
- 15 employees are entered in Pro, 9 in Silver, 5 in Gold
- 1:21.370 for the time beaten by Raffaele Marciello in 2022
- At 3.9km, Brands Hatch is the shortest circuit of the season.
- Brands Hatch is hosting the championship for the ninth time since 2014. That year, the Proczyk/Bleekemolen couple won both races at the wheel of the Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 entered by the Grasser Racing Team.
- On three occasions, the crew won two conference races: 2014, 2015 (Frijns/Vanthoor), 2017 (Engelhart/Bortolotti).
- Lamborghini, Audi, Mercedes and Ferrari have already won at least one round in Kent. Audi has 6 wins, Lamborghini and Mercedes 4.