Repsol Honda star Marc Márquez talks about minor progress with RC213V, a difficult prediction and his physical condition in front of a French doctor in Le Mans.
“In the Jerez race we took a small step when we talked about performance. We were able to stay a little closer to the top people, but not close enough,” commented Marc Márquez in his fourth position at the Spanish GP.
This was followed by a one-day trial: “On Monday at noon I was able to take the test in a positive way. We tried a few things that didn’t work very well. It is true that we could expect more of some things. It does not work as expected. Now this is where we will see if all the new things we bring will help us to be closer. I think it is not enough for us to fight for victory. But the goal is to improve every race, ”he stressed at the Ninth World Championships.
The Repsol Honda star won Le Mans in 2014, 2018 and 2019. Marc did not dare to make predictions next Sunday: “It’s impossible to predict, even for me. I don’t know what I can achieve on Sunday. That’s why I go on weekends without a clear goal. I’m just trying to understand how cycling works. Friday. Saturday I will try to improve my speed a bit. And on Sunday I give everything. That was my strategy in Portimão and Jerez and it will be okay again here in Le Mans.
The 29-year-old moved to Madrid this season to be closer to the medical team that is keeping his right shoulder. Are they working to restore order? Or is it about dealing with a new situation because the shoulder will never be straight again? “It’s a compromise,” Márquez said. “When I moved to Madrid, the first goal was to manage pain better. We have succeeded. I’m suffering a little bit on the race weekend now. “I’m trying to adjust my shoulder-mounted style. I push and exercise hard to ride my bike in a good way.”
“I think now everyone can see that I’m not driving like I used to. I’m driving differently. We are striving to find this different style of driving at the highest level. Last year we managed to do it in several races. But so far we have not found a way to be consistent. on many race songs, ”added Marc.
Experience has shown that the climate in Le Mans can change. Would Regen play with the MotoGP winner 59 times? “In my current situation, I do not care if it is dry or rainy. Of course, in the rainy season, the chances of winning – or falling – are much higher. But I do not really care right now. Portimão. “
MotoGP Jerez results (May 1):
1. Pecco Bagnaia (I), Ducati, 25 rounds in 41 minutes: 00.554
2. Fabio Quartararo (F), Yamaha, + 0.285s
3. Aleix Espargaró (E), Aprilia, +10.977
4. Marc Marquez (E), Honda, +12.676
5. Jack Miller (AUS), Ducati, +12.957
6. Joan Mir (E), Suzuki, +13,934
7. Takaaki Nakagami (J), Honda, +14.929
8. Enea Bastianini (I), Ducati, +18.436
9. Marco Bezzecchi (I), Ducati, +18.830
10. Brad Binder (ZA), KTM, +20.056
11. Pol Espargaró (E), Honda, +20.856
12.Miguel Oliveira (P), KTM, +23.131
13. Alex Marquez (E), Honda, +25.306
14. Maverick Vinales (E), Aprilia, +27.358
15. Franco Morbidelli (I), Yamaha, +27.519
16. Luca Marini (I), Ducati, +29.278
17. Andrea Dovizioso (I), Yamaha, +35.204
18. Fabio Di Giannantonio (I), Ducati, +35.361
19. Alex Rins (E), Suzuki, +38.922
20. Remy Gardner (AUS), KTM, +43.378
21. Lorenzo Savadori (I), Aprilia, +44.299
22. Jorge Martin (E), Ducati, +1: 07.681 minutes
– Stefan Bradl (D), Honda, 15 laps back
– Johann Zarco (F), Ducati, 16 rounds back
– Darryn Binder (ZA), Yamaha, 20 rounds back
Championship status after 6 out of 21 Grand Prix:
1. Quartararo points 89. 2 Aleix Espargaó 82 3 Bastianini 69 4 Rins 69 5 Bagnaia 56 6 Mir 56 7 Zarco 51 8 Brad Binder 48 9 Marc Marquez 44 10 Oliveira 43 11 Miller 42nd 12 6 Binder 2518 1 Martin 2518 13 Pol 258 13 Pol 258 13 Pol 2518 13 Pol Espar 18 13 25 8 8 Alex Marquez 16 18 Bezzecchi 15 19 Marini 14 20 Dovizioso 8 21 Darryn Binder 6th 22nd Gardner 3rd
1. Ducati 131 points. 2. Yamaha 89. 3. Aprilia 83. 4. Suzuki 80. 5. KTM 76. 6. Honda 57.
World Cup Team:
1. Suzuki Ecstar 125 points. Second April April 109 Third Monster Energy Yamaha 107 4th 4 Ducati Lenovo 98th 5th Red Bull KTM Factory 91st 6th Pramac Race 79 Repsol 7th Honda Race 79 of 8 Greens MotoGP Tournament 69th 9th 10 LCR4 R416 Race Honda 10/37 Moonda 10/37 Honda 10/37 Honda 2 Ha Tech3 KTM Factory 3