Saturday, November 5, was one of the days you could check the condition of your car’s headlights for free as part of the police campaign “Your Lights – Our Safety”. We went to one of the observatories with our radio car to participate in the program.
What is the purpose of this nationwide police campaign, the sub-committee explains. Sabina Chyra-Giereś from Częstochowa Police:
The headlights of our radio car turned out to be well-adjusted. However, the visit to the observatory was very informative. We learned that the improper height adjustment of the headlights is an important factor in dazzling other drivers. The light beam rises with the load of the vehicle and it is necessary to adjust its height according, for example, to the number of passengers. Dariusz Osuchowski from the District Vehicle Control Center at ul. Sikorski in Częstochowa also explained that the problem could also be bulbs with incorrect geometry, which, despite their defects, were being sold:
It will be possible to check the state of the lights on November 19 and December 3 at the following diagnostic centers:
- Częstochowa – Kisielewskiego Speedway Street (near M1);
- Częstochowa – District Vehicle Inspection Center, Sikorskiego street 82/89;
- Częstochowa – Practical Training Center, Vehicle Inspection Center, 32/38 Łukasińskiego Street;
- Częstochowa – RAF-POL, 5 Narcisowa Street;
- Mstów – Vehicle Inspection Center Jerzy Sobalski Gminna 36B street;
- Convenience – Serwis Global Eurowarsztat Car Inspection Center Kuśmierski Andrzej, Wygoda 42.