The Mexican midfielder Sergio Pérez was severely punished on the Red Bull Ring on Friday evening: because he came out of contention in the second round of the playoffs, he was relegated to 13th place on the grid.
It took almost four hours after the end of the Red Bull Ring qualification, and then it became clear: Red Bull Racing driver Sergio Pérez will be penalized for an offense in the second qualifying round, and the 32-year-old Mexican will be punished. times from Q3 have been canceled, so the second World Cup winner will not start the race on Saturday from fourth place on the grid, but from 13th place.
Why did it all take so long? Race officials were only notified of the violation of the rules during the Third Race, but Tim Mayer (USA), Enrique Bernoldi (Brazil), Silvia Bellot (Spain) and Walter Jobst (Austria) classified the GP winner three times as serious. enough to deprive him of all the time from the third qualification qualification.
Pérez returns to 13th place because he was in this position on his last attempt in Q2.
The team tried to argue that Pérez did not win time in the negotiated situation. The authorities objected that it was not about that, but about the fact that Sergio ran around the song for no reason.
The rulers dismissed the round in Q2, meaning that Pérez would not be able to reach Q3, and all his time from the last qualifying round is invalid.
Starting the grid race
01. Max Verstappen (NL), Red Bull Race, 1: 04.984 minutes
02. Charles Leclerc (MC), Ferrari, 1: 05.013
03. Carlos Sainz (E), Ferrari, 1: 05.066
04. George Russell (GB), Mercedes, 1: 05.431
05. Esteban Ocon (W), Alpine, 1: 05.726
06. Kevin Magnussen (DK), Haas, 1: 05.879
07. Mick Schumacher (D), Haas, 1: 06.011
08 Fernando Alonso (E), Alpine, 1: 06.103
9. Lewis Hamilton (GB), Mercedes, 1: 13.151
10. Pierre Gasly (F), AlphaTauri, 1: 06.160
11. Alexander Albon (T), Williams, 1: 06.230
12. Valtteri Bottas (FIN), Alfa Romeo, 1: 06.319
13. Sergio Perez (MEX), Red Bull Tournament, 1: 06.458
14. Yuki Tsotaka (J), AlphaTauri, 1: 06.851
15. Lando Norris (UK), McLaren, 1: 25.847
16. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS), McLaren, 1: 06.613
17. Lance Stroll (CDN), Aston Martin, 1: 06.847
18. Guanyu Zhou (RC), Alfa Romeo, 1: 06.901
19. Nicholas Latifi (CDN), Williams, 1: 07.003
20. Sebastian Vettel (D), Aston Martin, 1: 07.083