This is one of the easiest recipes; you don’t even need to cook for it. It’s also an easy recipe – substitute almonds and hazelnuts or use mozzarella if you can’t find burrata. It doesn’t matter, because the salad is delicious then too.
Ingredients for 6 people as a side dish
– 80 g almonds
– 500 g (about medium) cauliflower, leaves and stems removed
– 2 small fennel bulbs (about 400 g), chopped
– a large handful of arugula or watercress
– a handful of chopped basil
– 250 g fresh burrata, cut into 2 cm pieces
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
– 1 tbsp honey
– 3 tablespoons of chopped lemon zest
– 3 tbsp lemon juice
sunflower oil – 1.5 dl
1. Lemon dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, mustard, honey and lemon zest. Stir in the lemon juice, then pour in the oil in a thin stream while whisking. Do not do this too quickly, as this can cause constipation. Continue adding oil until a thick emulsified dressing forms and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool and cut them finely.
3. Cut the cauliflower into thin slices as possible with a long knife. Cut the fennel bulbs in half and slice them as thinly as possible.
4. Combine cauliflower, fennel, arugula, basil and burrata in a large bowl. Stir everything carefully. Pour over the dressing and stir again. Sprinkle almonds on top and serve.
Recipe: Leanne’s kitchen