A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer or device when you access certain web pages or applications. Cookies allow a web page or an application, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user of your computer, to store and retrieve the information that is inserted in application forms, and, depending on the information that they contain and the way you use your equipment can be used to recognize the user.
There are different types of cookies, which could be grouped into three categories:
1.- Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
Depending on who is the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treats the data obtained, we can distinguish:
– Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor himself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2.- Types of cookies according to the period of time they remain activated:
According to the period of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
– Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
– Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3.- Types of cookies according to their purpose:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, we can distinguish between the types of cookies that we list below. Likewise, we show in each case the main cookies used on this website, for the purpose described.
– Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the locale from where you access the service, etc.
– Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications, and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in the function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
Regarding the treatment of data collected through analysis cookies, although they are not exempt from the duty to obtain informed consent for their use, it is unlikely that they represent a risk to the privacy of users as long as they are First-party cookies, which treat aggregated data for strictly statistical purposes, which provide information on their use and include the possibility for users to express their refusal about their use.
There are also certain cookies on which it is not necessary to inform or obtain consent, also known as Exempt Cookies, which are classified as:
Cookies are strictly necessary to provide a service expressly requested by the user
Cookies are necessary only to allow communication between the user’s equipment and the network
Examples of exempt cookies, both our own and those of third parties, are those that are used for the sole purpose: o User input cookies o Session cookies, authentication or user identification o User security cookies o Multimedia player session cookies o Session cookies to balance the load o Cookies to personalize the user interface o Complement cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content o Shopping basket cookies o Cookies to fill out a form.
Technical, personalization, or analysis cookies:
Google Tag Manager / GA Audiences / Analytics https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Yahoo Analytics https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/products/developer/index.htm
Twitter Analytics https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=es
Facebook Connect http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Score Card Research Beacon http://www.fullcirclestudies.com/privacy.aspx
– Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or how often ads are shown.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of any cookie prevents or hinders navigation or the provision of the services offered on this website. Finally, we indicate that the last revision of this text was made in June 2019, so there may be variations of cookies used until the next revision of the text.