The launch of the new Alfa Romeo it’s always an event and that of Tonal it is particularly important because it marks the revival of the Milanese company under the reign Stellantis. You don’t drive an Alfa by chance and there’s no doubt that the brand’s new triumph will have nothing like the average customer just looking for a car. You enter Alpha when you enter religion.
Alfa Romeo Tonale: simply beautiful!
At 4.53 meters long, Tonale displays good proportions that benefit the seating and large living space on board for the family. Taking your seat, you feel comfortable and the environment sounds so good Alfa that you get large aluminum pads behind the wheel as in 510 hp Stelvio Quadrifoglio and of course some plastics in the lower part of average quality, but it is Alfa and therefore we forgive it.
The Alfa is also a sporty environment and for once the Tonale is in keeping with the brand’s DNA, but when the ignition is on it is let down by a lack of character. 160 hp hybrid engine and we will have to wait 275 hp hybrid engine (spring 2023) to have more fun at the wheel.
Tonale: stepper motor
Take a technical basis and prevent hybrid 1.5 liter turbo his American cousin Jeep CompassTonale allows the brand to finally set foot in the electrification even if it remains simple to go through the system smooth-hybrid 48V.
Established in seven-speed automatic gearbox, an electric motor with a power of 15 kW is powered by a small battery that discharges freely. Tonale has authentic Alfa codes with an emotional design and we forgive some of the not-so-superior hard plastics.
Unfortunately, its engine 160 hp-mini hybrid it’s not finished and we’re waiting to discover in a few months a new plug-in hybrid engine that better suits Alfa’s sporty nature and story.
Alfa Romeo Tonale 2022 technical sheet
- 4.53m – w 1.84m – h 1.60m.
- 1469cc 4 cylinder petrol engine3.
- 20kW electric motor.
- Total power of 160 hp at 5,750 rpm.
- 240 Nm torque from 1,500 to 3,000 rpm.
- 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
- Transmission to the front wheels of traction.
- Boot volume of 500 liters.
- Maximum speed of 212 km / h – 0 to 100 km / h in 8.8 s.
- Combined WLTP consumption of 5.7 / 6.2 l/100 km.
- Consumption stated at 8 l/100 km.
- CO2 emissions of 130-142 g/km.
- France 2023 ranges from €35,400 to €44,900.